- Aviation Medicine (from 2020)
- Women’s Health
- Men’s Health
- Children’s Health
- Obstetric Services + Shared Care (Information on Harmony Test)
- Pap Smears
- Minor Surgical Procedures
- Asthma Care
- Diabetes Care
- Wound Dressings
- Immunisation (Adult & Child)
- Healthy kids check
- Chronic care plans
- Comprehensive Skin Checks
- Senior health assessments for our patients 75yrs and over
- 45-49 yrs health check
- Lung function tests
- Flu vaccines – both government and private vaccines available
- Iron Infusions – fees apply
- Venesections – Fees may apply
- Contraception procedures – Implanon and Mirena insertion and removal (Fee’s Apply)
- Medicals – work medicals and heavy vehicle licenses – fees apply
- Workcover clients
- Travel Vaccinations
- Catch up vaccinations
- DVA care plans
- ACAT Assessments
- Sexual Health & Family Planning
- Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Blood Sugar testing
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
In keeping with privacy and legislation, test results are not given out to a patient over the phone. All results require a follow up appointment with your doctor. Our friendly, personable and caring receptionists can advise you if the result is back but not give the result to you. Reception can also request copies of results for you from other companies, hospital or specialists.
Before releasing any patient medical records, Dayboro medical centre requires a release form from the other practice that is signed by the patient (if older than 18) and also signed by the new treating doctor to be faxed, emailed or sent to us. We will then fax a copy of your health summary to the new practice (note: this is not your complete medical file). If you require a copy of your complete medical file we do charge an administration fee of $35 and 0.37cents per page. Please call us to arrange payment for this, once payment is made we will post the complete record via registered post to the new practice.
Mirena – Intra Uterine Device (IUD)
Mirena is a long acting Intra Uterine (IUD) progesterone only contraception that lasts for 5 years. It is 99.95% effective in preventing pregnancy. It is suitable for nearly all women including adolescents and those who have not had a vaginal delivery.
Up to 65% of women with a Mirena experience no periods or very light periods within the first year of use; typically within the first 3-6 months. The out of pocket cost for the Mirena is $104.30, making it vastly cost effective compared to 5 years of purchasing hygiene products, plus other forms of contraception.
Dr Bruce Maybloom is trained and accredited by Family Planning Queensland (True P/L) to insert Mirena Intra Uterine Devices. He is also a member of the South Brisbane IUD inserters Network. IUD insertion and removal is done within this practice without the need for a general anaesthetic or sedation. We get you to take simple pain relief an hour before the procedure. In some cases, additional analgesia is available if required.
The process requires two appointments:
- The first standard appointment (20 minutes) is an information/screening appointment and may involve a Pap smear and infection screen to be done. We also discuss how to prepare, including safe sex.
- The second appointment is approximately (30-40 minutes) and will incur a ‘Mirena Cost’. All insertions are done with a female nurse/medical assistant in attendance during the procedure. A support person is welcome in the room during the procedure.
- Mirena Insertion (new mirena): Cost $257 Rebate $152.70 Out of pocket expense $104.30
- Mirena Replacement (old replace with new): Cost $ 306 Rebate $181.55 Out of pocket $ 124.45
- Mirena Removal: Cost $ 185 Rebate $121.80 Out of Pocket $63.20
Please call reception to discuss or make an appointment.
In accord with the Privacy Act (1988) all information collected in this practice is treated as “sensitive information”. To protect your privacy, this practice operates strictly in accordance with the Act.
We use this information you provide to manage your personal health care. We generally disclose selected information to various other health services involved in supporting your health care management (e.g. pathology, x-ray).
If you have any questions about how we handle your personal health information or need to arrange access to your records, please ask the Practice Manager or your doctor, as appropriate.
If you would like to provide feedback to the practice, please email the practice manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to 7 McKenzie St, Dayboro QLD 4521.
For all complaints you can contact
Health Quality & Complaints Commission – www.hrc.q1d.gov.au or phone: (07) 3120 5999 Toll Free: 1800 077 308
Phoning Your Doctor
Doctors may be contacted within normal business hours. A message will be taken regarding what your call is about and given to the dr when they are finished with their patient. The doctor will either return your call or have reception return your call to answer your concern. Please be aware that our doctors are extremely busy and although they try their hardest to reply ASAP this may take longer than expected due to patient numbers booked in for the day.
After Hours Coverage
Dayboro medical Centre provides an after hours service for our own patients. If you require URGENT medical attention after hours, please ring the surgery on 07 3425 1427. A recorded message will advise you how to get in touch with the doctor on duty. Please note this doctor may not be your regular GP. A fee will occur for after hours consultations, rebates available through Medicare.
In case of an emergency Dial ‘000’ Immediately.
We have a reminder system in place at dmc where we can sms you when you due to attend the surgery for a specific health reason. Please be sure you have your current mobile number updated on file at the front desk. We also call or send letters regarding patient recalls if a mobile number isn’t provided.
Please do not hesitate to ask us to arrange transport for your appointment. We can organise you a taxi, dva transport (for dva cardholders) and also ambulance transport if needed for hospital appointments.